2016年6月17日 星期五

[Adventure in Birmingham] YAKINORI

Yesterday wasn't my day...I had my period with a night shift and it fxxking hurt. So I took a pill then went out. After 7 it began to rain madly and I can't believe this new grand centre building start to leak. The restaurant nearby even had flooding inside and something dropped down from ceiling. Fortunately they've been closed for a while.

The even bad news was I had the shift with Manager H who is an interesting person that can be pissed off by anything easily. There are countless things I would like to share about this person but I rather leave it until next time since there are so many interesting personalities in this little restaurant that I think I can write a column on human observation.

I learned a new technology by pissed her off again yesterday. That was when a lady with a Birmingham brogue came for a take away order. After finished her box I asked if she would like anything else, and she said no. So I began to concentrate on cashier. Suddenly she asked me do you have apple pie? I was like what? apple pie in Japanese restaurant??So I asked her "Apple pie?" She said again: "Yes Apple Pie." Until now H lost her temper and rubbed away the credit card machine from my hand saying said "Yes" to her and took over everything.

When the lady handed out her mobile I finally understand she was saying "Apple pay" well... I'm so embarrassed that I don't know people can pay by iPhone simply by contact now!

H didn't say a word after. And that's the most interesting part of this person. She had limited patience and always looks like she is too tired to teach. When she needs help to do something but it's a new thing or she only taught me half way through the whole process. She becomes mad and tells me don't attempt to do anything if you don't know how. Sometime it's like a disaster to her and she prefer to redo everything again only because different methods but same outcome or I'm slower than her.

So every time when I look at H busy rushing everywhere, poker face to customer or yelling at me I couldn't help but smile because she is so funny a person who caused lots of panic and pressure on others and herself.

The most difficult part working here is that non of us are English native so everyone has different accents and some are really hard to recognised. H herself always speaks quiet and fast and I usually couldn't understand her the first time. I guess that's one the reason I piss her off so often 😂😂😂

沒有留言:

張貼留言